Google
 

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Quilting Again!!


After seven years of not having a sewing machine I finally bought another one. It's pre-70's and only cost me $25 but it works like a dream! I used to do a lot of quilting. Mainly baby quilts that I would sell in the local craft shop. Now I'm going to put my Talents (as small as they are) to work making even more things for Project Linus. As I said before Things 1 and 2 won't let me crochet at home and I can't exactly haul my sewing machine to a clients home (I do in-home care for the elderly and often have down time where I can crochet) so I'll be sewing at home and crocheting at work.
I got this fabric in a bag of scraps I got through our county's freecycle. Although I have a few boxes of saved fabric from before I thought I'd start with this. I really thought the stars would be good for the kids. I'm going to use a "pattern" I used years ago. I used to do a lot of paper foundation piecing and this one was a great way to use up scraps. I don't know if you can see in the picture but I start with 6 1/2" square paper. I cut the main fabric (the stars) into four sided figures. I place them in a diamond on the squares and then sew other fabrics on until I fill up the square. I call it Dancing Diamonds and will post a picture when I'm done.

1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

Found your blog through the HeartStrings list. Wonderful to see that you are sewing again after a 7 year gap!! I make lots of quilts for Project Linus here in the UK. Great way to try out lots of patterns and ideas on a small scale. Look forward to seeing your new creation :)