Google
 

Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Mess

My craft room is a horrible mess, I've really got to do something about it. I have so many small balls of yarn and partial skeins it is unbelievable. This bin is only a small part of it. Part of the problem is that I buy most of my yarn at thrift shops. I also get donations from other crafters of their partial skeins. My favorite place to "shop" for yarn is a place called Leftovers which recycles other crafters leftovers i.e. partial skeins.
.
So my goal for 2009 is to use up as much as I can. Since I am setting my charity goal for 2009 at 1000 items and I can make small items like yo-yo's and granny's daughters a lot of these can be made with all these small balls. Maybe I should make a separate goal for the little things? Anyway I am going to break up the goal and say I am going to use up a binful every month! Not only that but I'm going to cheat and start on January now.
.
Someone asked about Leftovers, they do not currently sell online but they have an online catalog under developement. If you live anywhere near St Charles, MO be sure to check them out. They have a website you can check out.
Leftovers Etc.

6 comments:

JustCindy said...

What a great bin of stash to make colorful hats and scarves with. I'm interested in Leftover's, are they online?

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see the pretty things you make with that yarn Deb.
Molly : O )

artsycraftsy4fun said...

That is a nice collection of yarn you got there ;]!! Good luck on your 1000 items for 2009 goal!!

ramalambadingdong said...

1000 items is CRAZY!!! You can do it! I have lots of little scraps of yarn left over from holiday knitting, and i'm talking 1 - 2 yards and some smaller. I was going to knit a bag, and sort of confetti the pieces in.... we will see!

Ceci said...

That's an amazing goal! If you accomplish even a fraction of it, that will be such a lot of generosity. I hope you will be posting updates. I'm going to friend you on Ravelry to keep up with you. :)

Dk's Wife said...

That is wonderful of you to donate so much of your work and time. Good one on ya!

Happy New Year!